Skin problems by wearing a mask
Mouth-nose masks play a crucial role in reducing the spread of the SARS-Co-V-2 virus. Wearing a mask can be tough on your skin. A variety of problems can arise, ranging from acne and scaling to skin rashes and itching.
Here are8 tips that can help you avoid or reduce mask-wearing problems
- Cleanse and moisturize your face daily. Gentle skin care can prevent skin problems
- A dry skin is a common skin problem with face masks. Applying a moisturizer adds a protective layer that can reduce dryness. Apply this cream immediately after washing your face. Apply a moisturizer before and after wearing a mask
- To prevent pimples, make sure that you do not use a cream that is too greasy. Do not use make-up if you are wearing a mask. Under a mask, there is a greater chance that makeup will clog your pores and that these will become pimples
- Don't use skin care products that can irritate your skin. Wearing a mask even for a short time can make your skin more sensitive.
- Wear a mask with a snug, but comfortable fit. A snug, comfortable fit also reduces skin problems. If the mask feels too tight or slides over your face, it can irritate your skin.
- Use a mask made of a good fabric. Avoid synthetics such as nylon or polyester on the layer that rests against your skin. Wash your cloth masks to remove oils and skin cells. These skin cells and oils can lead to a skin problem.
- Find a mask that fits well behind the ears and is not too tight.
- Take a 15 minute mask break every 4 hours.
- Follow a gentle skincare routine. Skin care plays a vital role in healing your skin.
- Acne : Wash your face after wearing a mask and make sure to use a non-comedogenic (clogging pores) moisturizer after washing. If your face mask is causing new acne or making your acne worse, see a doctor to treat the acne.
- Irritated skin: Apply petroleum jelly to irritated areas on your face before going to bed.
- Sore spots behind your ears: You have a few options.
- If possible, alternate the types of masks. Look for masks with different types of ear loops and wear a different type of mask every day.
- If you have to wear the same type of mask every day, try wearing a buttoned headband so you can wrap the earloops around the buttons.